Monday, March 10, 2008

Links

1. This reminds me of X-Men for some reason.

2. When I see that there is a World Freehand Circle Drawing Championship and a World Beard and Moustache Championship, I'm reminded of Will Wilkinson's point that there are an indefinite number of areas wherein people find ways to seek status.

3. Lots of people are linking to this video of a woman performing 21 different accents.



First reaction: Brilliant. (Howard Gardner should update his list of multiple intelligences!) Second reaction: The two accents with which I'm most familiar (Texas and South Carolina) didn't ring quite true -- they were close, but something was just a little bit off. I wonder if people who are really from Belfast or Moscow, etc., would have a similar reaction.

1 Comments:

Blogger "Q" the Enchanter said...

Most of them rang a little false to me, though they were all generally better than what you hear most actors manage, and it's pretty brilliant how she's switching between them so quickly and distinctly. Ah did thehnk heh Lundn dohylects was qwæɪ' næɪs. For a Yank.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home