Friday, January 09, 2004

New Paper on Recess Appointments

The Coalition for a Fair Judiciary has posted a Federalist Society white paper on recess appointments. The paper has five co-authors: James Ho (who works for the Senate Judiciary Committee), Brett McGurk, Tara Ross, Kannon Shanmugam, and me. (My own contribution was rather insignificant, I should say.) You might find interesting the various charts (starting on page 15) that list every known recess appointment in history. Before my involvement with this paper, I hadn't realized that Earl Warren, Potter Stewart, William Brennan, and Oliver Wendell Holmes were all given recess appointments to the Supreme Court, or that JFK had made 25 recess appointments to the federal courts.


UPDATE: You can now find the paper at the Federalist Society's website as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home