Sunday, November 10, 2002

A great story about defensive gun use:
SOUTH BEND -- Anyone who has a television should know the proper accent to use when saying "citizen's arrest, citizen's arrest."

But Eric Endres wasn't imitating Barney Fife Saturday night when he stopped a burglar, at gunpoint, from making off with the goods at a local computer store.

Endres does, however, have the attitude that the old Mayberry deputy had in regard to his responsibility as a law-abiding citizen.

"I have a permit to carry a firearm every day, and I carry it as a duty," Endres said. "I never know when I may catch a bad guy or save someone's life. It's a responsibility I take.

"Everywhere I go, I make people safer, and they don't know it. It's the least I can do for my society. As a good citizen, it's a little bit my responsibility to do the best I can and prevent crime. Nobody knows it, because it's always concealed, but I will always risk my life to save others."
One problem: Anyone with a television knows that it was Gomer Pyle who yelled "citizen's arrest," not Barney Fife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home