Thursday, July 25, 2002

Since my post about Harvard Law professor David Rosenberg was so popular, I managed to scrape up (again from Google's cache function) 3 more pages of Rosenberg quotes culled from classes over the years. In his 1997 Torts class, he had quite a few things to say:

"It's not meanness to ridicule stupidity."

"I never complain about the rich getting more since I aspire to their ranks."

"Fluoride is a commie plot."

"I have no interest in how you turn out. I'm not going to make any more money because of it and that's all I care about."

"I assume that the admissions committee only let in those of you who are Commies."

Then in the Fall of 2000 class, he had this to say, among other things:

"I mean every word I've uttered about these pieces of crap on the faculty."

[on gifts for professor] "I don't like that, I prefer direct monetary payments...[or] take the money and give it to the Contras, or some other good cause."

"Microsoft did no wrong. I say this because there are people writing down what I say and putting it on the Web and I want Microsoft to feel good about hiring me as a consultant."

And in his Spring 2000 class, he said this:

"Isn’t everybody a member of the N.R.A.?"

"What do they call them, um, human...rights? I know all about that stuff. I listen to National Propaganda Radio every morning when I’m brushing my teeth."

"You know me, I love Roman law. I don’t think we should go back to it. But I still like the idea of lions."

"Constitutional law ends the ability of synapses to fire."

"Say you site a nuclear power plant in Brookline beside Dukakis’ house. Some of us might even pay to see that, but it is not an optimal location."

"Alan Keyes and compound interest are the driving forces in my life."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home